4.18.2006

Purple vacuums prepare you for global warming.

I’m trying to get the creative juices flowing this morning. I have a bunch of materials to write today and I’m totally getting writer’s block. I think I may have had it since last week, but today it is peaking.

I took a picture of this yesterday, but I don’t really have a way to get it out of my camera right now, so I’ll post it later. Yesterday, during the “wave” of rolling blackouts, I stopped to get gas, since I was on “E.” I get cut off by this huge ass Chevy Silverado with some bumper stickers on them. One of the stickers proudly exclaimed, “GLOBAL WARMING IS UPON US! PREPARE NOW!”

What a bitch. I mean seriously. I don’t know enough about the scientific evidence surrounding global warming, so I won’t claim that it is exists, but I’m pretty sure driving a monstrous pick-up truck isn’t exactly preparing for global warming like she is suggesting others to do.

Essentially, her car was a walking (driving?) contradiction.

It further cemented my belief that in Austin, people rally behind an idea merely for the sake of it. This woman lives in the city, and most definitely does not need a pick-up truck. Let’s assume the truck was given to her though, and she needs the ride. She could sell the stupid truck and get a smaller car, and therefore prepare for the onslaught of global warming and all of his evil ramifications.

Stupidity, or at least, the illusion of stupidity (because I don’t really know her) really pisses me off.

On a brighter note, we just bought a Dyson vacuum. I haven’t actually tried it out yet, but I’m pretty excited about the prospects. Justin said I was acting like a kid with a new red wagon, and maybe I am, but this vacuum is totally kickin!

No comments: