4.13.2006

My mind has gone mad.

You know you’re a dork when…

I had this dream last night, and I guess it took in a bunch of thoughts going through my head that day: American Idol, watching the news, going home this weekend, the list goes on and on.

Anywho, the premise was this: I was sitting in the lounge area with tons of other contestants to try out for “Anchor Idol” at the local FOX station. Carissa, Justin, and Jennifer, some high school friends (and my husband), were with me, and I wasn’t planning to audition, but just to lend moral support. So I’m sitting there chatting it up with one of the assignment editors that I know (I don’t really though in real life – I just know the name and have spoken a few times on the phone) through work and he’s asking why I’m not auditioning.

I say I like my job, and then he says that he loves the press releases I send. At this point, like I’m outside of my dream, the part of me watching this dream in my head starts laughing because that is a funny-ass statement. Who would say that?!

Back to the story though. So somehow I get convinced to join in the festivities. I walk into this room, sort of set up like a lecture hall. On each desk in front of the contestant there is a button.

I’m explained that it works sort of like a current events quiz. They start telling a news story, and once you recognize the topic you buzz. That enables you to go down in front of everyone and recite the full news story in front of everyone, from your own memory. When I finally get one right, I go down there, and I’m about to speak, and Walter wakes me up with a sneeze. Thanks Walls, I wanted to know if I won.

I will say, when it was Justin’s turn to go up, he went all conspiracy theory on them in this fake newsman’s voice. It was hilarious and everyone was rolling. I think he might have been asked to leave. HA!

The fact that I’m even dreaming about this is hilarious. I mean, who dreams about becoming an anchor of a crappy local TV show through Anchor Idol?

That being said, FOX7, if you read this (which I doubt) please come up with this format and execute it. I would DOMINATE!

No comments: