3.13.2008

Some time ago...

In April 2000, I sat at a table during prom with a red-headed skinny boy who took my friend Jill to the prom. About a month later, that same red-headed skinny boy picked me up to go to orchestra banquet and was subjected to an unfortunate discussion on golf with my father. I’m quite surprised he didn’t turn around and leave right then. But he didn’t…

In August 2000, I cried with this same red-head (though not skinny at this point… dating packs the pounds) as he left for the West Coast. I’m pretty sure we both knew at that point where this relationship was headed.

And that same red-head proposed to me in my college apartment living room in January of 2003, which was a blast, even though we had purchased the ring together a few weeks before… and I may have worn it once or twice before it was “officially” given to me.

On March 13, 2004, that same red-head married me in a church full of close friends and family, smiling and crying like the secret sap he that he is (though not as bad as that time back in August!).

And now it’s four years later and I’m married to the best red-headed skinny boy (marriage apparently makes you lose weight) I could have ever dreamed of.

Happy Anniversary, BLonB.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations you two! We love y'all! Happy Anniversary (a few days later)!

Jenni said...

Aww thanks!!