3.10.2008

My Plateau

About year and a half ago I was fat. I’ll admit it. Between getting married, struggling to find a job, being in a stressful environment, I gained weight. I wasn’t happy with myself, and every time I would try and work out, it wouldn’t last for more than two months.

I don’t exactly know what the final motivator was (actually, now that I think about it, it was a former co-worker Lindsay – hi! – telling me that she didn’t think an account I was on was working out). I really liked that account, and knew that my shit-tay attitude was due, in part, to my low self-esteem and weight issue. So I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and make a change.

Several months, a job change (but not before getting to a good place at the old job), and 25 pounds later, I’m at a plateau. I’ve made amazing changes in my workout habitsand *attempted* to eat better. I say attempted, because I truly believe that this is why I can’t lose the rest of my weight. I love food. I love good food. And I really love fine cuisine (I don’t even pig out on fast food or quick snacks… just good food).

Anyways, a co-worker of mine told me about this Web site called SparkPeople – think of it like a mix between Weight Watchers (except they aren’t just monitoring your caloric and fat and protein intake… but carbs, fiber, etc. and provide you with daily food planners) and Facebook. A place where you can lose weight, blog about it (which I know you know I love…. Haha), and be in an environment of people working just as hard as you.

So, if you are currently thinking about losing weight, wanting to maintain, or just want to check out my progress, I really encourage you to check out http://www.sparkpeople.com/jennijewel. And if you decide to sign up (the Web site is FREE), make sure you add me as a friend!

GOOD LUCK!

No comments: