1.19.2010

Preparing for LOST... how to do a watching party right.

February 2, 2010. If I have to take the day off from work (or the next day off to digest what occurred on this day), I will.

This quite possibly, is the most important day of the year for me, until a TBD date in May when the series finale of LOST will occur and my mind will be blown -- or I will be hella pissed off -- because of the awesomeness.

I take hosting LOST premieres and finales very seriously. There are general rules participants must follow, including:

  • You show up late, you sit at the back and everyone gives you evil stares for interrupting the first 10 minutes of the show. Any later than that and you risk us not answering the door for your late ass.
  • You do not talk during the episode -- the only allotted time for speculation occurs during the commercials breaks or immediately following the previews for the following week.
  • Research is allowed via Lostpedia.com during the episode, but once again, no sharing your findings until the commercial breaks.
  • No spoilers allowed. I define spoilers a little differently -- yes, we learned that Libby and Michael would be returning for this season via ABC's Press Tour. But we have NO IDEA how that is being set up. Is it in the future? Is it a flashback? We don't know. Your ass will get kicked out of my house if you say, "In episode three [insert spoiler] occurs, causing [insert spoiler]." I won't tolerate that crap. Mainly because I did that all the time with Alias and it wasn't as much fun to watch.

To make the show more enjoyable, I also encourage early arrivals to the party for theoretical discussion. This is one of my favorite aspects of having people over. I love hearing the ridiculous theories that people come up with -- how they map back to my ridiculous theories -- and usually in t he matter of an hour, watching said theories get proven that they were in fact ridiculous.

I also love getting into the Dharma theme. Case in point, some pictures from previous parties:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=7953919&aid=2459272

And one of my favorites (from the now out of business Sweet Tempered bakery... sadness):

No comments: