10.06.2006

To All My Girls...



At work, we have this white board that everyone writes on – Ivette and I usually pick a topic for the day, and people go at it.

Today’s topic – favorite Disney character. Some individuals are “ghost” writers/answerers for others in the office. (For example, one poor chap had Tinkerbell listed next to his name) Regardless, conversation soon shifted to the best Disney movie of all times, with most of the girls agreeing to Beauty and the Beast. A close second, in everyone’s mind, was The Little Mermaid.

Oh, I wish I could be part of that world – underwater, hanging with a blowfish, an overbearing father, combing my lustrous red hair with a fork. What an awesome life. As we’re talking about The Little Mermaid and the impression it made on our 5- to 10-year-old minds, some word vomit came up.

I admitted that I would practice being Ariel. You know, that scene where she leaps out of the water, landing on a rock, her hair flowing around her with the twitch of her neck, and water cascading around her like a frame. Obviously, I’ve watched this movie a lot.

Anyways, turns out, all the girls in the office did that! I was shocked – I thought it was something that I just did, and quite possibly still do.

I didn’t mention that Justin and I still listen to the soundtrack in the car ;) I saved that for this blog. Haha.

“Sha-la-la-la-la don’t be shy, you gotta go on and try, go on and kiss the girl.” “WHOA-WHOA!”

2 comments:

becki said...

I totally did that, too. Case and point - Every summer in Anthony Rudine's pool when I still had really long hair. Never quite looked as smooth as Ariel's when my head came out of the water. I'm still working on it.

Jenni said...

At least you had the reddish hair to go with it... ;)