5.04.2009

Because it's fun to look back

Since this reposts to my Facebook page, I'll just fill it out here :) Hope everyone is doing splendidly! May is turning out to be less drama. No resolution, but at least less drama...

Okay, here we go!

**** 15 YEARS AGO (1994)****
1) How old were you? 12
2) Who were you dating?: OMG, I think I was still dating Ben Hagan. I can't even believe I was technically dating someone at 12. I also think it lasted less than two months ;)
3) Where did you work? I was in sixth grade, so nowhere.
4) Where did you live? Mesquite, Texas
5) Where did you hang out? My front yard, slumber parties at friend's houses
6) Did you wear contacts and/or glasses? No
7) Who were your best friends? Brandi Fluent, and I believe there was some fallings outs with some other people. Oh, elementary school drama.
8) How many tattoos did you have? Err, zero.
9) How many piercings did you have? Just my ears
10) What kind of car did you drive? Well, I rode in an Izuzu Trooper and a Ford Taurus. The 90s owned.
11) Had you been to a real party? Definitely not
12) Had you had your heart broken? Probably. Crushing on boys is what you did in sixth grade
13) Were you Single/taken/married/divorced: Taken I suppose
14) Any kids? Considering I was one, no.

***10 YEARS AGO (1999)****
1) How old were you? 17
2) Who were you dating?: Kenny Dykes
3) Where did you work? Hmm, during the summer that year I worked at a photography studio
4) Where did you live? Sunnyvale, Texas
5) Where did you hang out? To be honest, I don't even remember... Kenny's place, my place, I believe there was a bowling alley. We would go shopping at North Park sometimes. See movies -- that kind of stuff.
6) Did you wear contacts? No
7) Who were your best friends? Orchestra girls
8) How many tattoos did you have? Zero
9) How many piercings did you have? Two! Look at me being a rebel!
10) What kind of car did you drive? Ironically, the same care I had ridden in back in 1994. A turd colored Ford Taurus with no air conditioning. It was awesome. I will be working three jobs to keep my kid from driving around in a car with no air conditioning during a Texas summer if I have to.
11) Had you been to a real party? Yeah, there were a few. Had to be careful around that orchestra crew ;)
12) Had you had your heart broken? Yes. But it's all good now. To be young and foolish, right?
13) Were you Single/taken/Married/Divorced? Taken
14) Any kids? Err, once again, no.

**NOW**
1) How old are you? 27
2) Who are you dating? Are you still dating when you're married? Justin Balthrop
3) Where do you work? Waggener Edstrom
4) Where do you live? Austin, Texas
5) Where do you hang out? My house, Pilates, Work, Town Lake, various happy hours, etc. I believe I have a better social life than I did in high school. Ha.
6) Do you wear contacts and/or glasses? Not really -- only when I'm stressed and my head starts hurting.
7) Who are your best friends? Ashley and Justin -- but I have so many awesome friends that I love dearly.
8) How many tattoos do you have? Still zero
9) How many piercings do you have? Back down to one
10) What car do you drive? Depends I suppose; Usually the Mazda Tribute, but if the husband is feeling generous, I drive the 2009 Lexus RX
11) Had your heart broken? Not in a long time.
12) Are you Single/Taken/Married/Divorced? Happily married for five years.
13) Any kids? Not yet :)

Amazing how much life changes. And I can't believe that my 10-year high school reunion is only one year away. I feel old.

No comments: