9.23.2006

Adventures in Car Shopping

A few weeks ago, Justin and I learned we would soon have to part with his beloved 1994 coupe. Depending on when its final day exactly is -- it could die tomorrow, or four months from now -- we decided to be informed consumers and spent the day test driving cars.

During the test driving process, you learn a few things about the better half. I would say compromises are made, but this car will be Justin's really, and so my say doesn't matter (well, to be honest, it matters about 20 percent, though not enough to make a difference).

Anyways, I learned I hate smooth-riding sedans. In fact, they piss me off. One of the cars I test drove handled some serious curves with gentle ease. I don't want gentle ease, I want gear-clutching, action-packed handling of curves.

Justin prefers gentle curves, and cute sedans are cute and pleasant to drive. In fact, we were looking through the brochures and his exact specifications were called "sophisticated." Mine, well, I don't know what it was called specifically, but certainly not sophisticated, more like, "Screw You, Bitches, I'm Passing Your Ass."

I'm sure law enforcement probably prefers the sophisticated option, but whatever.

Anyways, here's the front runners:

Jenni: 2007 Acura TL: all the gadgets and electronics a tech nerd like myself would want, with serious curve-handling features. Plus it's the cheapest of the three we drove.

Justin: 2007 Lexus ES 350: Because he is a freakin' pansy and doesn't like change. It's the closest feel to his current coupe.

I would compare our car preferences to other aspects in our life, but that's for a more PG-13 blog. I try to keep it PG, most of the time :)

1 comment:

becki said...

BAH HA HA HA HA!!!